This year fall begins on September 22nd , but I prefer to start my fall celebrating on Sept. 1st. If you read my last post, you know now that fall is by far is my favorite season and I am starting a new family tradition this year. Yes, it’s still August, but I am so excited to have a fun filled fall with Big and Little. Keeping reading for my list of fall themed fun activities!
I have seen Fall Bucket Lists online boasting 50 to 100 activities, which is great, but that stresses me out a little bit. So I am going to stick to 30 activities. There are 91 days between September 1st and December 1st (the day I get my Christmas decorations out), I think 30 activities seem reasonable and achievable for us.
Some of my activities will be better suited for a specific month, so I will break the list down that way, but you can do them in any order you like. You could also create an interactive bucket list. Get my Fall Family Fun cards and the list of 30 fall activities, write the activities on the cards and place in your bucket to pull out when you need a fun fall activity, voilà, interactive bucket list.
For those us who need some accountability to actually do the items on the list ( I include myself in this group), I thought it would be fun for us to do it together.
Here is how you take part in my Fall Family Fun Bucket List:
I will draw a few cards each week on Sunday and post them to IG and Facebook. If it is a recipe or craft, I will share the wonderful links . Post your pictures or share your progress in the comment section of my Facebook page or Instagram.
There are so many things that make me smile when I think of fall… crunching leaves as we walk, the smell of baked goods and pumpkins. I adore baking apple and pumpkin breads, muffins, cakes and cookies. I love watching the leaves change from green to red, orange and gold hues. My favorite fall day is when the sun is shining, but it is cool and crisp; perfect for doing a fun fall activity. Here are the activities we will be completing this coming fall.
30 Ideas for the Fall Family Fun Bucket List
September Fun Activities
- Go apple picking; I have never done this and living in the beautiful state of Washington, it seems a little sacrilegious.
- Create a new fall decoration
- Take a nature walk to collect leaves
- Try a fall kids’ craft featuring leaves
- Make a new dessert featuring apples
- Try a savory recipe featuring apples
- Make homemade applesauce
- Drink apple cider
- Make caramel apples
- Make an apple pie
- Paint kindness rocks and leave them around
October Fun Activities
- Make a new Halloween or Harvest decoration
- Make Halloween or Harvest cards to mail to friends and family
- Make pumpkin bread
- Visit a pumpkin patch and take pictures
- Try a new dessert featuring pumpkin
- Make Halloween treat bags for the neighbor kids
- Make popcorn balls
- Do a kids’ craft with pumpkins
- Watch a favorite Halloween movie I love watching It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown with my kids. Ghostbusters and Hocus Pocus are my personal favorites.
- Read Halloween themed books
- Make chocolate chip pumpkin bars, this is one of my favorite desserts. Thank you, Martha!!!
- Make roasted pumpkin seeds
November Fun Activities
- Create a Gratitude Jar
- Make a new Thanksgiving decoration
- Try a new dessert recipe with cranberries
- Have a family movie night
- Have a pajama day
- Test a new Thanksgiving side recipe
- Try a savory recipe featuring pumpkin
Need more ideas check out my Fall Board
I think this is going to be really fun and I hope you join me!
Click here if you still need to get my Fall Family Fun cards and list of 30 activities. Check your promotions section of your e-mail, if this is your first e-mail from me.
If you liked the Fall Family Fun posts, sign up , so you don’t miss my Winter activities and bucket list cards!!!!